Friday, February 25, 2011

The South

I had the best day the other day. It had started to warm up outside finally. I am from Savannah so when it gets warm, it gets hot (laughing). I knew that groundhog day had come and gone but I never really pay attention to that lil bugger, hes not MY sign of summer I have my own.  So my husband had just gotten fired from his job and we were both job hunting, so after dropping off Lily at daycare we headed up to South Carolina to try to find something, anything. Now for those of you that don't know, down here we have all kinds of critters from alligators to sand gnats and no see ums. Well there is an abundance of all of these but my favorite is the alligators. They are the biggest, most dangerous things ever but they fascinate me.


Alligators are big, quick, and mean but they are also very caring mothers and very agile in the water. In the Coastal south you can find them just about everywhere, even in ponds in some neighborhoods.  I am always on the look out for a big one up on the bank sunning. Well this particular day i got my sign that things were going to keep getting warmer. I saw 2 alligators laying completely out of the water just enjoying the sun. Why does this mean warm weather? Because alligators have holes or dens under the water where they stay when the weather is cold. So i say "who needs a groundhog when we have the biggest signs ever layin on the banks in the south."  Come visit savannah and the carolinas and come see some of these dinos that still live today, just watch where you swim....... they are sneaky! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment